Sunday, May 13, 2012

Because I love Emma Bombeck


A couple hours ago I posted a piece written by Emma Bombeck. I've been a fan of her writing for a long time and am thankful she shared so much with the world before her passing.

I received an email a bit ago after a reader visited the post. The reader was a bit upset that Emma suggested that God made those sorts of decisions. I don't believe that is truly the point to Emma's story. I believe the point of her story was to acknowledge all the strengths that are most commonly found in a mother of children with diabetes. Whether the mother possessed the strengths prior to having a child with diabetes or if she developed them as a result of having a child with diabetes is not relevant. What is relevant is that a mother of children with diabetes is strong, patient, selfish, intelligent, confidant, humble, kind, loving, independent and fun. (Yes I know Emma didn't mention all of those but they are implied)

If you haven't read the How God Selects of Mother of A Child With Diabetes please see the post before this one.

Because Emma was so awesome - Some of my favorite Emma Bombeck Quotes:

"The grass is always greener over the septic tank"
"Laughter rises out of tragedy, when you need it the most, and rewards you for your courage."
"When I stand before God at the end of my life I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say 'I used everything you gave me'"
"When humor goes, there goes civilization"
"If you can laugh at it, you can live with it"

No comments:

Post a Comment