Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wordless Wednesday

(sort of - if you haven't figured it out yet I'm not a wordless kinda gal)



The owner of the Greater Austin Area Wendy's has Type 1 diabetes. His own son was dxd a few years ago. He has been supporting the JDRF for I don't know how long with these awesome coupon books. The coupon book has 4 coupons each good for a small frosty. The cost of the coupon book is $1 and all proceeds go to the JDRF mission to find a cure for diabetes.

Back in 2009 (before the adorable young man seen above was dxd) my own little Sugarboy was on the cover of the coupon book. I can't find the cover that we saved but I do have one of the window decals


The most frequent question I get during this time of year (while I am plastering Facebook with reminders for people to go purchase a coupon book) is "Why would they give frostys to help cure diabetes, that doesn't make sense." To which I reply "People with Type 1 diabetes can eat everything you can eat they just have to check their blood sugar and take insulin for it." 

Wish all the Wendy's across the nation would participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment